View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 05:15 PM   #36
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez

JJ Redick on his
@OldManAndThree
podcast re: trade to Dallas from NOLA:

- Says he made a trade request in November before the season around the time of Jrue trade

- Knew what was coming with Stan's defensive schemes

- Had convos with Griff and Trajan.

- If family came to NOLA, kids would have to quarantine for a week when they got back to Brooklyn

- Says Griff basically told him, "Come down for a month, if you still want out, I give you my word, I'll get you to a situation you like"

- Had 4 convos after this directly w Griff

-Redick: "Obviously, he did not honor his word."

- Says his understanding once after he wasn't traded at aggregate deadline was that he was going to get a buyout or traded to a team in the Northeast

-Redick: "I look at the buyout situation not as Oh I'm going to get bought and go to Brooklyn. I just wanted to be able to, on an off day, go see my family and be within driving distance."

-@talter asks "Why should any player trust this organization"

-Redick: "I don't think you're going to get honesty from that front office, objectively speaking. That's not an opinion, I just don't think you're gonna get that. I don't think what happened with me is necessarily an isolated incident. I think front offices around the league operate in their best interest. I get that. I understand that. Truthfully I think I was a little naive thinking I was in Year 15 and I attempted to do things right throughout my career. But in terms of this front office, yeah, it's not something where I would expect certainly the agents who worked on this with me to ever trust that front office again."

- Says he was "jarred" by the trade; says Mavs weren't one of the teams that had been discussed

- Told Cuban: "In any other year, I'd be thrilled to get traded to Dallas."

-Redick shouts out several members of the organization for giving him a great experience while he was in New Orleans.