View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #107
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
There is no reason to be a silly clown with your jokes above. You have to be the biggest fool in the world if you think race and Obama name is no factor.

The reason race is not brought up here as much, is because alot of people here dont want to show their true colors. I can read this board to see that race and/or his name plays a factor in the reasoning behind candidate picks .

That lady has every right to be a moderator just like Rick Warren was a moderator. Please dont act like you dont know where the white evanglical votes go. It is a proven fact those votes go to the Republican side about 7 to 1. The biggest issue with the Rick Warren moderated interview was the abortion subject. That whole crowd was nothing but white evanglical voters there, and not only could you see it, but they did not even really clap for anything that Obama said, but as soon as McCain spoke, the crowd went wild. So since Rick Warren and that crowd full of white evanglical voters dominated that complete session, was that an unfair advantage for McCain?

Lastly, that lady has already written that book for the most part, so Obama winning or losing has nothing to do with that book. The fact that Obama and other blacks in political office have broken glass ceilings is a good reason to write a book on the subject. Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice are other examples of this. This lady was chosen as moderator, and I am more than sure that whoever chose her, had a very good reason to choose her.
Look Credit, we're discussing a specific subject here, that being whether the choice of moderator has a bit of a conflict of interest. Within this specific topic, race has not been brought up by anyone but you.

As to Warren, see UL's points above. There is nothing more to add on that subject.

Finally, you aren't honestly claiming that whether Obama wins or loses the election will not affect the sales of a book focusing on his effect on politics. Surely you can't be claiming that.

I'm not saying it will definitely affect the debate, but it is clearly a potential conflict of interest, and the majority of people involved int his thread have agreed.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-02-2008 at 07:29 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote