View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 12:14 AM   #446
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I've never said Romo is a God-Send and the greatest QB to walk on this planet. I've said he has his faults and issues, I've also said he basically has less than 3 years of work at the position and can still easily learn to adjust to the situation. I said he played poorly in the Steelers game, he had bad passes and some INTs. He does some great things and he does some pretty bad things as well.

Plus I never said Cutler had the same weapons as Romo, my words were that they are somewhat comparable. I did say it's a revolving door at the RB position, but it has shown to be effective, Cutler does have a role in it, but it's still shown some effectiveness. His WRs are pretty legit and they're young...but along with him, he's not totally consistent.

Romo is allowed to have more time, like I said...he's still pretty fresh to the situation as a whole. Comparing him to Favre and McNabb, guys who have been in there year after year, clearly Romo is going to look bad in that matchup.

I don't see how I'm being overly favorable to him. I just said I'm not sold that any of those guys are legit night and day differences to him. There is credit given to those QBs, but if it's not dramatic, stick with Romo and let him continue to learn.
First of all, very good post by you...............

Now, lets go to Cutler. You are off alot on Cutler for this season. He does not have an effective running game by rotation. It is killing Denver. They are now down to their 6th string RB, because even Hollis is out now. Teams are loading up to stop the pass, and it is making it extremely hard to get those numbers up and get those wins. IMO

I dont think that Romo is considered still young. I think he is a veteran QB with a team that is built to win the SuperBowl for the past three years. Romo has everything that a QB would want. An All-Pro RB, WR and TE...Is this not a dream situation for ANY professional QB? Come on now, what else do you need. Now, you bring in Roy Williams as well for a weapon!!

I do think the veterans I listed is head and shoulders above Romo when talking about "Big Game" performance and winning. IMO. Now, if we just talking about raw stats, then Romo can measure his stats with the best of them in the NFL right now. But, we all know that what counts is Wins/Loses in the playoffs and in winning time in Dec and Jan.

You know what, I would take Warner over Romo in the "Big Games" as well. Maybe not for a full season, but I would prefer to have Warner starting for me when it counts late in the season or in the playoffs. IMO

I will end with this. Romo is the best QB available in the market so I can accept that and live with it...BUT, I will ride him until he proves himself overall in the Big Games. A good start would be for him to have a great game against the Giants..I think that would be a nice start and if he closes out the season with no more loses and gets to the playoffs, I will think that we just may get a chance to get to the Superbowl.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-09-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote