View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #47
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This is stupid, and we're getting a second round pick because they also signed Pujols.

And a sandwich pick, obviously.

Do you have any idea how astronomical the odds are that a second round pick (or hell a first round pick) will end up "much" better than CJ Wilson? Just a really stupid comment to make.
Calm your little happy ass down. CJ will hurt us, but the fucker was useless in the playoffs. Maybe we don't get to the playoffs without him, but it was said we wouldn't get to the playoffs without Cliff Lee.

I absolutely do not believe it was stupid not to sign CJ. I just don't. JD and Nolan know a HELL of a lot more about this roster's needs and CJ's value than you or I do. Sure do hope they get Fielder/Yu and will be disappointed like you are now if that doesn't happen, but I will trust in the men that helped lead us to two straight WS appearances.