View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
*waits patiently to throw Cliff Lee's 2011 postseason in Dan's face*

You know, the funny thing about all of this is your intelligence, calm demeanor and overall attitude about the Mavericks not overpaying for Tyson Chandler - a guy that absolutely earned his money and did everything his team could have asked of him to help lead us to a championship.

YET THEN, for a guy that has been absolutely HORRIBLE when it matters for this team, all the while having a terrible attitude and a RedJay-like inability to accept his faults, you back him and say our front office (who has led this team to back to back WS appearances with a GM rated #2 in all of baseball by his peers) is stupid for not stepping up to the plate and overpaying him.

I swear, you are siding with Cuban and failing to see the vision of Daniels. Let me just say I comfortably sit on the opposite sides of both discussions and feel like the company I am keeping is a bit smarter than the company you keep.
See, I don't agree that CJ had a bad attitude. Everything you hear about that guy is how hard he works, how much he does to keep in shape, and how often he talks to anyone that will stand it about baseball. I don't care about his persona in the media, fueled by people that fawn over Michael Young. CJ didn't have the perfect attitude but I don't think he had a bad one either.

The difference in the situations is two-fold:

1. Tyson is going to get overpaid. CJ did not get overpaid, just based on the going rate for starting pitching.

2. There are completely different rules in place in the NBA.

I do trust the Ranger front office. I've been a JD fan since long before it was cool. I've criticized him and I've praised him and I've been right and wrong both ways. In this instance I think they got it wrong. We'll see.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-08-2011 at 01:49 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote