View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #54
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
See, I don't agree that CJ had a bad attitude.

Wow.

Everything you hear about that guy is how hard he works, how much he does to keep in shape, and how often he talks to anyone that will stand it about baseball. I don't care about his persona in the media, fueled by people that fawn over Michael Young. CJ didn't have the perfect attitude but I don't think he had a bad one either.

LOL - no, he had a HORRIBLE attitude and he NEVER would own up to failing - it was always someone else's fault or he tried to brush it under the rug - again, just like Red Jay

The difference in the situations is two-fold:

1. Tyson is going to get overpaid. CJ did not get overpaid, just based on the going rate for starting pitching.

Bull shit. The going rate for Centers IS overpaid. The going rate for Starting Pitchers IS overpaid. Both REQUIRE to be overpaid. Look at Damp. Look at Haywood. BOTH - overpaid.

2. There are completely different rules in place in the NBA.

But limitations all the same. We still have a cap - regardless if it is hard or soft or nothing, the owners will only spend so much. You don't bust your nutt on a jack ass that can't get it done when it matters

I do trust the Ranger front office. I've been a JD fan since long before it was cool. I've criticized him and I've praised him and I've been right and wrong both ways. In this instance I think they got it wrong. We'll see.

Disagree - but yeah, we shall see. The thing that really does piss me off is the fact that he goes to LA. That sucks.
Above.