View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #58
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Not "owning up" to the media is not a bad attitude, be it Garret or CJ. Like it or not, they don't owe the media or us fans an explanation on anything. If he throws teammates under the bus behind closed doors then that's a different matter, but we don't have any evidence to support that.

By all accounts CJ has a fanatical worth ethic and is always trying to get better. That's what matters in regards to attitude.

Yes eventually both teams have budgets but the NBA restricts your ability to acquire talent in both free agency and trades if you're over certain salary thresholds. In MLB you can simply write off a contract as a loss and move on. In the NBA you can write it off all you want but you're still crippled in player acquisition.
Stop dancing around semantics - the guy is a dick, has no balls and is STUPID (based solely on the way he pitches - might be quite bright). He wins games, sure, because he is a talented pitcher, but not a guy I want to pay this much money to for this many years with other available options on the table.

I won't go so far as to say I am glad he is off the team right now, but if this leads to signing Yu, I am officially glad he is off the team. The ONLY negative in this is that he goes to LA and bolsters their rotation. They really are stacked.