View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
All for the resting players stuff. Not sure how much the draft reforms solve?
See, I am the opposite.

The resting players rule seems like a solution looking for a problem. How will that even be enforced? How can you tell an owner that they can't rest players? What about Dirk getting the second game of every B2B off to prolong his career? Is Rick disappointing the fans in the second game? It's so hard to define and enforce that it seems like a mess and it risks the health of players.

The lottery thing I like and I think it should be even more severe. Compared to the old odds, that is relatively minor. In '93, the top team only had a 16% chance of the first pick. Now it's 25% of a first overall and 100% of a top 4. We need to balance bad teams having a chance of getting better with a chance that someone who isn't the worst of the worst rising. Right now the draft is so deterministic that there is a giant donut hole in the NBA. You can either be good or you can be terrible. Being decent or bad means you're extremely unlikely to get help or improve. Plus, the teams that are terrible tend to stay terrible. Teams can just keep drafting in the top 4 and stay terrible while diverting a lot of the talent in the league from better teams/teams more capable of developing players. That hurts everyone.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote