Thread: Ka-BOOM!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The rotten economic performance of Dubya' continues.

Quote:
Checkout these items:

1) Initial Claims for Jobless Benefits

In the week ending Dec. 31 [2005], the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims [for jobless benefits] was 291,000, a decrease of 35,000 from the previous week’s revised figure . . . . . The 4-week moving average [of initial jobless claims] was 316,750, a decrease of 9,250 from the previous week’s revised average…..

IOW, millions upon millions of *more* people are working but *fewer* people are getting laid off.

Go figure.

2) Growth in the Services Sectors

Non-manufacturing business activity increased for the 33rd consecutive month in December [2005]. Business Activity[, Employment,] and New Orders increased at faster rates in December than in November.

3) Growth in the Manufacturing Sector

Economic activity in the manufacturing sector grew in December [2005] for the 31st consecutive month, while the overall economy grew for the 50th consecutive month, say the nation’s supply executives….

4) Net Wealth

To top it off, as Poli noted earlier today, total net wealth for Americans reached yet another all-time high last year.

I blame the economy for all of this.

Oh, right, I also assign at least some degree of blame to the various conservative fiscal and economic policies implemented since George Dubya Bush took office five years ago, e.g., multiple tax cuts, multiple free trade statutes, rollbacks of job-killing enviro regs, etc.
Me too...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote