Thread: Wikileaker
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Many interesting things going on here:

- First and foremost, the whole release of classified and secret documents, which has the support of Daniel Ellsberg, the man who leaked the Pentagon Papers. Bottom line: security vs. transparency.
On the iPhone so I'm gonna take this in sections and keep it shorter than i might otherwise.

As for comparisons to the Pentagon Papers, Assange isn't Ellsberg but instead he is the New York Times. He's not a whistleblower he's the guy receiving the leaked docs.

As near as I can tell, Assange and Wikileaks haven't broken a single law....even if they are beholden to US law in the first place. That doesn't mean there won't be a show trial.

Last edited by alexamenos; 12-10-2010 at 10:08 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote