View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 12:36 AM   #168
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas @ Miami Gameday Thread

Quote:
good to hear. I missed the whole game, Damp had 4 fouls in only 17 minutes of playing time!!!??? Did he make the most of them or were they flimsy calls? I would have liked him to get more minutes in against the big fella, but who is gonna cry after a landslide victory like this?
Did Wade overwhelm Harris? Did Daniels have his "A" game or just get garbage stuff? This starting five is my favorite by the way: Harris, Daniels, Howard, Dirk, Damp. In it, Dirk is clearly the man who must carry the load and all the others play exceptional defense.
I don't really remember most of Damp's fouls, which is perhaps indicative of them at least not being bad fouls. Wade had a stretch where he sort of took over. I seem to remember Josh guarding him for at least part of the time that he was going off, but both Josh and Devin ended up on the losing end of a couple vicious baseline crossovers. Still, in that Wade's impact streak was short-lived, I wouldn't say he overwhelmed Devin. Quis looked great. He was doing his thing, smoothing his way into the lane and dropping nifty short jumpers and clever layups over multiple defenders. One in particular dropped in over the outstretched arms of Shaq and two other defenders. For the most part he was making solid decisions with the ball, too. There was once when he missed Dirk wide open at the three point line, but he made the shot (although Dirk wide open at the three point line is something we should never pass up on a night like tonight up unless somebody else has an uncontested layup.