View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 10:17 AM   #8
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
I say blow it up. Go full rebuild mode - I doubt Dirk wants to hover around the 7-8 seed next year. Mark+Donnie must know, this roster, without some sort of a major rehaul isn't going anywhere in this Western conference (it's only going to be stronger next year).
Agree with this. The dream is over. The front office gave it their best shot, gambled on some talent that just wasn't good enough, and are now looking at a grim reality. I feel bad for Dirk. He turned down some potentially big money for the promise of building a Spurs-like team but this squad never had close to the talent or the system to fulfill that promise. Still, he's done very well for himself and in truth he has regressed to the point where his contract is proportional to his real value at this point.

I don't have a problem with re-signing Chandler to a 2-3 year deal on 10-12M. The guy loves it here but the front office should be honest with him and make it known that this team will be unable to truly contend. Rondo is gone. Ellis can go. Aminu is fun to watch sometimes but at best he's a utility player on a good team (8th or 9th man).

Keep whoever is drafted and sign some shooters. I'd like to see them attempt to replicate what we saw before the Rondo trade only without the expectations of contending. Field a free flowing offensive team, let Dirk pad his all time stats and reach number six on the scoring list and watch him go into the sunset (assuming he rejects the player option on the third year of his deal).
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote