View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #109
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
Pacman could be our second CB easily. move henry to FS and hamlin to SS and move roy to a different zip code.

I don't know why people think its so easy to just move Roy. He's staying a Cowboy and Henry is a good cornerback in thsi league. Why change his position? We're fine at the starting cb spots. Pacman comes in here and backs both guys up and makes us deeper at corner. We lost Nate Jones and Jacque Reeves. By no means would I say we are deep enough at the corner spot where we can just move Henry and i'm assuming we sign Pacman.

Quote:
Dallas had Calvin Hill and Robert Newhouse, yet we traded up and took Tony Dorsett. That seemed to work.

Dallas traded up for Emmitt who had dropped. That seemed to work.

I don't know if DMac is really a franchise back or not. That is why Jerry hires scouts and talent evaluators. Also just because NE drafted Tom Brady in the 6th doesn't make them the team to watch for drafting either (He'd be the #1 pick of that draft if it happened today).

I am just saying that IF you truly believe that he is a franchise back, and not just another two year wonder, then you make the play while keeping Barber and have a dual threat in the backfield.

If Dallas doesn't believe he is a franchise back, then get a good backup that can be groomed in the 2nd or 3rd. You already have a proven player. Don't give up on a player you think will be a franchise player though -- when you have the chance.
Not deeming the Pats to be the team to watch during draft day either. Just saying they've built their team on draft picks (Samuel, Brady, Maroney) and by signing solid vets(Moss, Seau, Welker). I think its impossible to keep both Mcfadden and Barber on this team. You have to think smart. You're going to pay big money for Mcfadden and Barber when there are currently other holes on your team?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote