View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #5
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dubya responsible for Detainee Psyhosis - Ohh the Horror

Ok people lets talk about this for a moment. I believe that yes, we should hold & interview suspected terrorists and if we have proof & eveidence that they a) have commited a act of terrorism and b) were planning a attack, then yes we can and should hold them, I dont disagree with any republican or right wing person about that. But what we can't do is hold people without charging them for over 2 years along with no proof or eveidence that can sustain why their being held. It is injust, inhuman, and dead wrong to lock people up with no proof other than "we believe he poses a threat". How we get away with it is crazy to me, but it happens. And then on top of being locked up on a island for over 2 years without being charged, without being guilty, you have american soldiers beating you, violating you, and down stripping your dignity away by taking pictures of being pissed on, beaten on, and sexually harrased. I bet anyone here that if this was they other way around, every single one of you would be protesting across america, day & night news coverage and a all out war just on this. But since we do it, you call codone it. Think if your son or daughter was taken away, then never chargedm denied basic legal rights, and treated beyond your worst nightmares, and when you try everything to get that loved one back, you're told there is nothing you can do.