Thread: I understand
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 05:21 PM   #49
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< David, true it wasn't &quot;fact&quot;... but at some point you have to quit coaching like an underdog and start coaching like your a title contender. The Mavs had a realistic shot at going to the WCF's **last year**. Did it happen? Nope. Why? Because of coaching mistakes, and the coach's philosophy.

I agree with Murph. If Nellie changes his style then he may make it to the finals. However, he will never win a championship.
>>

I don't agree. The team with the best talent generally wins, especially in a 5 or 7 game series. This is the best Mavs talent in years. For a change the Mavs have one of the best players in the league, in Dirk. It takes a while for a player and team to get acclimated to each other. How many years did it take Jordan and Shaq to win titles, as an example.

You say the Mavs lost because of coaching mistakes. I don't believe that for an instant. The Mavs were out played and out smarted ON THE COURT. Divac's experience beat the Mavs inside. Bibby and Jackson outplayed our PGs. Christie outplayed Fin. Dirk had an off shooting series. The better team won the series. If not for free throw shooting, the Kings would have won the championship.

Nelson doesn't have to change his coaching. His players just need to develop. Nelson is one of the best coaches in the league but players win championships. You can look it up.
David is offline   Reply With Quote