View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Matt "freakin'" Bonner

interesting article from Grantland.

by KIRK GOLDSBERRY
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/15...s-matt-bonner/

***it would be fun to see Dirk destroy the Bonner Challenge game mentioned in the article***

Nice Mavs note here -
1. First of all, congrats on winning your second NBA title. You guys obviously had a terrific run, but are there any moments that stick out for you?

Honestly, I would have to say Vince Carter’s buzzer-beating 3-point game winner in Game 3 of our opening series against the Mavericks. That gave them a 2-1 series lead with Game 4 in Dallas. Having to rebound from such a tough road loss and being on the ropes tested our character, and overcoming the adversity of that situation was a huge wake-up call moving forward through the rest of the playoffs.

and funny sandwhich comment.....

14. You’re kind of the John Hollinger of sandwiches; let’s talk sandwich analytics — what do you think are the emerging trends in quantifying and/or characterizing the performances of sammies?

I’m glad you brought up analytics. Charts, graphs, and numbers don’t lie. Even though 28 percent of them are made up. Here is a very rudimentary formula I came up with for rating a sandwich:

Score on a scale of 1-100:
A = bread
B = meat
C = fixings
D = sauces
.4(A) + .3(B) + .2(C) + .1(D) = overall score on a 0-100 scale

Each ingredient is weighted based on its level of importance to a good sandwich. Please note that the coefficients can certainly change when dealing with specialty sandwiches (for example, a steak and cheese would have a higher value placed on meat).

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 09-23-2014 at 10:09 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote