View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #56
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Well "if" the administration of the death penalty deters others, this is also protecting the population.

Also the well-being of the remaining friends/family/community after said monster has been given humane lethal injection is also to be considrered. i.e. Vengence.
I think VENGENCE is a pretty bad reason to have capital punishment.

Deterence....? this is a debateable feature, with pro-s and con-s on each side. Personally I have a hard time believing that the potential difference between serving the rest of your life in prison vs getting exectuted in 15 years figures into the personal objective function calculation of a crack fiend deciding whether or not he's gonna murder somebody over $35 in petty cash (or most other capital offense cases) ... but who knows?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote