View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 10:46 PM   #137
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Devin Harris will start

Cleveland of 02/03: 17 WINS, 65 LOSSES
Denver of 02/03: 17 WINS, 65 LOSSES

Cleveland of 03/04: 35 WINS, 47 LOSSES (in the EAST)
Denver of 03/04: 43 WINS, 39 LOSSES (in the WEST)

Cleveland difference: +18
Denver difference: +26

I would personally say that an 8 game swing, (again, despite the talent that Carmello had around him), between two terrible teams the year before should be enough to push one guy past another guy if their stats are comparable...

LeBrons stats: 20.9ppg, 5.5rpg, 5.9apg, 1.65spg, 39.5mpg
Carmellos stats: 21ppg, 6.1rpg, 2.8apg, 1.18spg, 36.5mpg

Seems to me that they both had two stats on each other while LeBron played three minutes more per game. Funny how those stats failed to give Carmello descent consideration for ROY huh? Don't get me wrong C... I think LeBron is a MUCH, MUCH better player, but to say that the team success came into play on voting is just silly. Denver was CLEARLY the better team, (despite Cleveland being in contention for a playoff spot up to the last week of the season, which we all know was only accomplished because of that team playing in the shitty Eastern Conference)...

Sorry buddy, but the stats and standings just don't agree with you for last year!