View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 11:25 PM   #142
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Devin Harris will start

If you want to debate about what were the prominent determining factors in LeBron winning ROY last year, which is a different issue, I'd be happy to quote more of your posts (well, not happy really; I'm not terribly interested in having that debate). I'm just citing the most to the point bits. I don't think I'm misrepresenting the part of your argument that I'm taking issue with, but if I am I apologize.

You brought up my original statement, so I'll say this: there's nothing in that claim that requires that the player on the better team win every time, and if you take another minute to look over what I said I think you and anyone else will find that to be quite self evident. All I'm saying is there's no way, IMO, that the candidates' team's successes don't figure into the voting process in at least some of the voters minds. Just to simplify things, do you agree or disagree with that point? Because if you agree then we're really doing nothing but running around in circles, and I could be mistaken, but I feel like you've told me you agree with me on this basic, non-extremist point on at least two occasions in this little debate.