View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 11:37 PM   #143
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Devin Harris will start

As you said yourself:

"I was merely pointing out that end's statement that team performance didn't mean crap was not correct"

Which I agreed with!

That is not the same thing as:

"if you've got a pair of candidates with comparable stats and one plays on a cellar dweller while the other starts on a playoff team you better believe that going to figure into the voting"

I agree that team success is simply not crap in the ROY voting; however, I do not think it is a huge factor in several situations, (like the one we had last year in which all of the hype of LeBron almost FORCED the voters to select James). If it was, Carmello would be the 03/04 ROY IMO.

Regarding this statement:

"there's nothing in that claim that requires that the player on the better team win every time, and if you take another minute to look over what I said I think you and anyone else will find that to be quite self evident"

I would simply say that I don't agree... The way you stressed your comment implies, to me, that you strongly feel that this is something that happens quite consistently if not every time. Maybe that is just misinterpretation on my part; however, I feel that you made a strong statement and have since tried to lessen the strength of that statement...

One more time, your statement, specifically where I see the strength in your words:

"you better believe that going to figure into the voting"

You are definitely right regarding us going in circles here. With that said, I think that we both believe that the vote likely involves the teams performance, but I just think you feel it comes into play a good bit more than I do...