View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 12:10 AM   #145
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Devin Harris will start

If voters don't take a teams record into account, they should. There's not way to prove either side of the argument, but I'd like to believe that it's a consideration.

You had a couple of other mitigating factors in the Carmello/Labron debate.

1) Labron came straight of high school with more hype than any rookie who has ever entered the league. I believe that most thought there was no way he'd live up to it and when he did he was rewarded.

Carmello OTOH took a college team to the Final Four and won it as a freshman. It was pretty clear that he was NBA ready.

2) Carmello took a p.r. hit late in the season. Can't remember what happened...something like refusing to enter a game. This left a bad taste in the mouth of many and could very well have swayed a close vote.

If the Mavs are a top 4 team in the brutal West and Devin is the quarterback, I think he will get strong consideration. I think we’ve seen that if you play him enough, he’ll give you numbers. His points won’t be as high as say, Okafor’s but there’s no reason he can’t have double figure points, 5+ assists and 2 steals. Those numbers will put him in contention.