Thread: Parcells done!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 07:21 PM   #133
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they haven't addressed the defensive coordinator yet, now have they?

As far as the offense goes, you would be looking at a new coach hiring a guy like Garrett anyway. Who would Norv Turner install as OC? Who would Phillips install? Remember that you can't steal a coordinator away from another team to be your coordinator. So you'd be looking at somebody like a QB's coach, which is exactly what Garrett is.

I guess for me to think this would be a big deal, you'd have to give me an example of a specific person that a specific coach would want to bring with him as OC.

Remember that when Parcells came here, he had no problem keeping Zimmer as a coordinator. I don't think it's as uncommon (or as bad) as you seem to believe, particularly for a playoff team that is not in a housecleaning mode.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote