View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 11:24 AM   #519
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm still scratching my head as to why we couldn't attract star FAs with Dirk because he isn't ball dominate, plays unselfish, is a great locker room guy, and would be the ultimate complement to a ball dominate player as well as centers like Howard. Dirk could have single handedly enhanced several players careers and I just find it mind boggling as to why we could never attract any.
Because this team didn't have any cap space to go after FAs until Dirk was 33 years old, which gave pause to young superstars trying to map out the next 4 years of their career (after a lockout, no less). If they had known that Dirk would still be putting up 18.3 PPG at 37 they probably would have chosen differently.

Cuban & Donnie have learned a lot in the last 20 years, so Luka basically gets to be the focal point of the franchise with plenty of cap space to build around him right out of the gate, whereas nobody saw Dirk as a franchise player early in his career... Plus Luka doesn't have to deal with that "soft Euro" stigma playing against him since Dirk murdered that stereotype in 2011.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-25-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote