View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 12:20 PM   #520
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Because this team didn't have any cap space to go after FAs until Dirk was 33 years old, which gave pause to young superstars trying to map out the next 4 years of their career (after a lockout, no less). If they had known that Dirk would still be putting up 18.3 PPG at 37 they probably would have chosen differently.

Cuban & Donnie have learned a lot in the last 20 years, so Luka basically gets to be the focal point of the franchise with plenty of cap space to build around him right out of the gate, whereas nobody saw Dirk as a franchise player early in his career... Plus Luka doesn't have to deal with that "soft Euro" stigma playing against him since Dirk murdered that stereotype in 2011.
Contracts are also shorter in the current CBA, so I'm not really worried about locking money up. I just want to actually have some sort of team locked up though so that guys can build chemistry. I don't want the carousel of talent every offseason.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote