View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

If memory serves me correctly, I believe there was a season in there in which the Lakers were the only team in the West with more than 50 wins. I also think there might have been another season or two in which two teams topped 50.

The West was not loaded by any stretch for a large portion of the Lakers run. Just think back to the Mavs run back in 06...The Lakers didn't face anything like that with their runs to The Finals.

In fairness, there weren't as many teams in the NBA during the Lakers run in the late 70's to early 90's. So that played a bit of a roll in the lack of teams over 50 wins.. but the West was still pretty weak.

Last edited by Murphy3; 06-23-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote