View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 01:45 AM   #71
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
No. What I'm saying is that when Blair was on him, Dirk was never, ever able to seal his man off in the high post. Because Blair was basically fouling him, grabbing him, pulling him, shoving him. Had Roddy passed him the ball Blair would have either stolen it or knocked it out of bounds. There was no way to get Dirk the ball because Dirk was never able to seal off Blair.

As evidence I present what happened as soon as Splitter was on Dirk instead of Blair. Then they had no problem getting Dirk the ball because Dirk WAS able to seal of Splitter, because Splitter isn't a serial fouler (though if he had any sense he would have been fouling since clearly the refs weren't going to call any of it).

See what I mean?
Yes, I do. Of course it was much easier for him to seal Splitter and much harder to seal Blair for all the reasons we have discussed. The difference is I know I saw Dirk seal Blair on several occasions. U didnt see him seal him at all? This is where i believe he would have gotten the ball if it were passed at the right time and with accuracy by Roddy. I guess I don't have your crystal ball that shows me where Blair steals the ball or knocks it away on those possessions that Dirk sealed and didn't get the ball.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote