View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:13 AM   #73
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Yes, I do. Of course it was much easier for him to seal Splitter and much harder to seal Blair for all the reasons we have discussed. The difference is I know I saw Dirk seal Blair on several occasions. U didnt see him seal him at all? This is where i believe he would have gotten the ball if it were passed at the right time and with accuracy by Roddy. I guess I don't have your crystal ball that shows me where Blair steals the ball or knocks it away on those possessions that Dirk sealed and didn't get the ball.
I really don't remember seeing Dirk truly seal Blaire at all. I mean he tried, he was fighting like crazy but like I said, he could only take it so far unless he wanted to get Flagrant about it. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong but I was kind of watching for it, for exactly the reason that I wanted to see how Roddy did getting the ball in to Dirk.

There were times when Dirk would get Blair on his back but Blaire would be fouling him so much shoving him reaching around him, pinning Dirk's arms that Dirk couldn't have caught a pass. There were a couple of times when Dirk slipped around Blaire and that's usually the cue to pass the ball over Blaire's head to Dirk but in one of those instances I remember another Spur collapsed on him to help deny the pass... in the other I think Blaire basically shoved him or grabbed him to keep him from getting free.

Doesn't the fact that they were able to get it in to Dirk when Splitter was on him sort of prove that it was Blaire that was the problem and not so much Roddy or Dirk? It wasn't like Splitter wasn't active he was all over Dirk, just wasn't risking the crazy fouls Blaire was getting away with.

Last edited by JHT; 01-30-2012 at 03:16 AM.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote