View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #12
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I don't expect an off season hangover. I expect a fire born of anger and disappointment and a summer spent stewing over what did not get done last year.

Sure the Mavs realize they may have blown their best chance at a championship. But each player also knows how his own deficiencies contributed to that... specifically Howard and Harris. And everything I know about those individuals and their coach is that they burn with the desire to turn weakness into strength.

They also know how close they came to being eliminated by SA, how much harder PHX will be to beat with Amare back.

All this should serve as inspiraction to concentrate on getting better. Last year, training camp started with total doubt. The playoffs the year before show Dirk and coach to be very vunerable... they had a lot of work just to prove they were better than Houston. This year's camp begins with them knowing that the only thing that stands between them and a championship is the distance between playing like last year v playing up to their potential. I expect to see a team working its butt off to get there. Time for excuses is over. Its time to show the heart of a champion. I expect nothing less.