View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #90
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zoidberg
In my opinion, this law shouldn´t be for allowing the people to play a police officer, it should only be for protecting your life against offenders.
In Texas we are large enough to realize that the police are not your true protection. I don't expect the police to show up at my house for at least 20 minutes after I call, due to the fact that they are 20 miles away usually. I have friends and family there, and they still can't make it in under 15 if they get the call.

20 minutes is dead/alive and long gone for most situations. I do not live in an urban setting, so rules for me are a little different that for some. Opinions are great, but they don't always fit. That is why we have lawmakers, judges, and police officers. They are there to sort it out.

Here in Texas, peace officers often times have less rights to do things that civilians. Other times, they have many more "rights". Circumstance defines the situation.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote