View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 03:21 PM   #1974
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
But how long do we need to accommodate Dirk?
I get the whole loyalty to Dirk stuff but at some point we will need to start moving forward even if that means taking a huge step back. I'm sure he'd be the first to agree.
Doesn't mean he has to retire but will need to take on more of a mentor role with youth as the team begins the rebuild process.

I agree with Erica that Matthews and Parsons are nice complementary pieces but just don't see them elevating into anything even close to Dirk status.

Considering the youth of the top teams of the WC, I see this as the perfect time to start rebuilding. The star players on those teams will age about the same time and that is when we should aim to have our pieces in place. Those teams will be the ones decaying (like we are now) and then we could have a better opportunity to attract star quality FAs.
The FO will move on from that path when Dirk retires which means after next season. It is what it is. I'm fine watching the Uber shoot himself ahead of Shaq into the sunset.

I just hope Dirk doesn't regress anymore than he already has, but it looks like that may be the case. He can probably still muster up 15 ppg on good shooting percentages.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-12-2015 at 05:02 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote