Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 07:43 PM   #41
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
IMO getting rid of Bogut isn't as important as doing whatever it takes to move Wes. If we have to give up any combo of Curry, Gibson, Anderson, Powell, or Salah to do it I'm all for it. As a rebuilding team we need young guys and cap room and if an opportunity for a trade arises, it arises. This is how the Celtics and Rockets were able to rebuild.

Edit: Bogut does have value for contenders this year, but I haven't been able to locate a situation/ trade that works. The Cavs and Celtics seem like the obvious choices but the only possibility I see is Bogut + young'n for Amir Johnson + second round pick, or so.
Unfortunately Wes isnt going anywhere. Bogut has no place on a tanking team and needs to go to a bubble contender ASAP and get what we can. He's not doing the Mavs or himself any good right now. Before December is over I wouldnt be surprised if he's close to being moved.