Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #48
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed
-Edit- http://www.tankathon.com/power_rankings easier to view picks from this site.

Here's an interesting one... Currently Sixers own Lakers pick and it's only top 3 protected. So in all likelihood it's going to Philly. What if the Mavs get the #1 pick just for argument sake. Then Philly gets the 3rd or 4th pick. Would you trade the 1st pick to Philly for the #3/4 pick AND the Lakers pick which could be a borderline lotto pick (12-18 area). This is a really deep draft I think that could be tempting unless one of these guys just became a clear best player candidate. Another one... we have the 31st pick in this same scenario... would you then trade that pick to move down 2 spots and get the 76ers 2nd plus the pick a few spots later currently the NO's pick(76ers owe their 2nd to NO's so trade would be with NO's).

I guess then the question is, how far down are you willing to go to pick up the additional pick? 1st and 2nd round.
These are some interesting scenarios the Mavs should consider if things play out that way.
This is certainly the way the Mavs should be thinking and why I think they should start looking to trade anyone not named Dirk or Harrison to get any type of pick back in this year's draft even if we have to take back some bad contracts in the process.
The more picks we have, the more flexibility and opportunities Donnie and Mark will have on draft day.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote