View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #40
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Do we actually know how effective Dampier will be as a trading chip? Can we get a Marion-level player for him? It just doesn't seem realistic that we could get, say, Wade for Dampier, regardless of the savings. You would have to throw in Terry who would nullify a lot of that money.

I suppose Josh has an option, so I guess he would make a little bit of sense. I still wonder if we are overvaluing this whole thing by a lot.
could be. i mean the only reason we have Marion is because of Turkoglu's sudden change of heart. I love how it's portrayed as some sort of genius move by Donnie. i wonder what we would've gotten for Stack otherwise. possibly a much lesser player than Marion. trades fall thru or are trumped all the time. we almost traded Stack 4 Salmons last season. Bulls had a better offer. so we can want a star for Damp but we would most likely have to include J-Ho, Roddy, etc. and even that's probably not enough. it comes down to a team really wanting the $ savings desperately and matching up with our needs. Hawks are playing really well complicating things but maybe Joe Johnson's going to walk and we offer them some assets in a sign and trade. maybe our best case scenario is someone of his caliber.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote