View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #29
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I like Brunson. He still could be a steal. His shot is really smooth and I think he just had some bad games shooting. The only real person I'm going to keep track of in regards to Brunson is Robinson. Because in the 2nd round to get a guy who was a top 10 candidate before he pulled out of school is well worth the risk. Especially considering the position he plays and how we are always looking for a center it seems. And the downside to Brunson is that there is a ton of talent at the pg position in the NBA right now. Not just starting caliber but a ton of backups that are not a whole lot more talented than guys getting cut from rosters like Yogi(Nets had Dinwiddie Yogi and whitehead I believe). I always like going for bpa and worry about the roster and fit later. So I'm not against it myself but I have to wonder if the Mavs took Robinson off their board because of past problems with bigs with questions about motor or character or whatever you want to label Robinson as. Maybe after guys like Hammons and Noel we just were sick of wasting assets on enigmatic big men.
This is precisely how I feel about it. I hope they took the top player on their board. Second round is where physical talents with questions like Robinson, Whiteside and DeAndre Jordan(!)often fall. I would’ve loved us to take a chance on Robinson but Khyri Thomas was my guy that I wanted at that spot. I guess we’ll see in a couple years. It does sure seem that this group has a predilection for littler people. We really could use some length and defense on the wings and there were lots of guys like that left, but if they thought Brunson BPA I’m on board
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote