View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #73
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
good to hear what others think about Roddy...especially a young gun the league is basically anointing as a star like Jennings.

I would temper all Roddy based enthusiasm by suggesting that much of what we're seeing at the offense end is basically the product of Jason Kidd.

I said it in another thread, but drafting Rookies who can make an impact in spots now and major impact later is exactly what good teams do.

Roddy, the steal of the draft? Thanks Donnie.

In what way is it a product of Jason Kidd? I could go for that if you are talking about Kidd being a mentor to him and teaching him things, but in games Roddy is creating a lot of stuff just being a good player and being lightening quick, not really because Kidd is opening things up for him. I haven't seen anything in that made me think Roddy wouldn't be successful without Kidd on the floor with him.

I just pray that Roddy legitimately busts out because we are due for a hit like him. Josh was close and Harris too (while he was here), but since Dirk we haven't hit too big in the draft. The timing couldn't be too much better either, Kidd still has enough left in the tank (with the right lineup) to get us by until (if) Roddy arrives as a legit starter. Maybe the stars will align for us. Maybe Harris was meant to go and we suffer a lil because Roddy was coming. Maybe Gortat was meant to stay because Gooden can provide enough help along side an improved Dampier. Maybe god doesn't hate the Mavs, and is going to punish Stern and his crooked refs . Temper that. I think if a jinx is possible, I may have achieved it. Quick someone counter it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-17-2009 at 11:36 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote