View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #7
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Is NBA lockout on the horizon?

The NBA has to get a hard cap in here and soon. There are so many problems with the current NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement, it works to well for the players and not nearly enough for the owners. There are many changes that need to be made and I support a lockout because the health of the league is low right now and if they want to be around in 2050 they should make several changes.

Hard cap, reduced years on guaranteed contracts, more incentives and less guaranteed money, all of these things are places they could start at. The NBA basically needs to look at the NFL's CBA and model it. The players have too many advantages in the NBA, it is just not healthy. If missing the 2005/06 season means that we have a better chance at the NBA being around in 2050 then I will support it. Because the CBA is setup right now to where I don't really see the NBA being around more than 10-15 more years. No ownes make any money, too much of it (55%) of it goes to the players whereas the NFL players get 32% of their revenue.

The NBA needs to follow that plan.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote