Thread: Blazers
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #5
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that none of them are guys I love. I like Harkless "ok" but I don't think he fits well with Barnes. If we made a deal with them it would be for a draft pick and Bogut with matching salaries. Portland does have an extra 1st in next year's draft from Cleveland so they do have an extra asset to either acquire Bogut with or both scenarios and dump a contract.

And I think the reason you don't see as many bad contracts being traded is because of the cap increases so everyone had money to spend. And with the new CBA coming that would likely mean another amnesty for every team. So Portland might get bailed out with one of those. But if there is no amnesty they are committing like 120m for 8 players next year. And currently looking at 30m over the cap. And with no more major cap spikes not every team will have money, as shown by the Blazers. So I do think we will see those bad contract trades happen in the next 2-4 years depending on CBA.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 12-12-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote