View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 12:38 PM   #41
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Not sure where you saw this. A double sign and trade deal with the Knicks makes the most sense — it would be similar to the deal that sent KD to Brooklyn and D’Angelo Russell to the Warriors.

Example: Mavs sign JB to deal worth $20-22m a year; Knicks sign Robinson to deal worth $14-16m a year. Mavs trade JB for Robinson + Immanuel Quickley.

Not saying I would necessarily pull the trigger on that, but I would definitely explore it. Mavs have leverage due to Knicks cap situation and having JB’s bird rights. Depending on how much the Knicks like him you might even get a pick.
Think it had something to do with operating over the cap with Brunson but that’s out of my knowledge. I’m not 100% opposed to the idea of it either. Maybe like 80% opposed lol