View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #104
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki
I think there are three main reasons for this:

A) Duncan has a post game and Dirk doesn't.

B) Duncan is an All-NBA defender, so he can be more effective if he isn't scoring.

C) He's already led his team to 3 titles .

If Dirk shot 47-50% in this series then I think Dallas wins. However, he shot in the 30's and that's a big dip from his usual output. I think Duncan would catch flack too if he dropped 15% points in a series where they lost to a #8 seed.
So, what's your point about the post game? That in no way answers anything to do with my post.
Yes, you have a good point.. Although Duncan's defensive abilities are greatly reduced in the playoffs especially when matching up against the Suns or the Mavs.. He can be all defense all he wants against Dampier.. that still wouldn't have a huge impact on the series.

And yeah, he does already have three titles. I can't argue with there.

As for Dirk needing to receive grief over this series.. I completely agree. Dirk should be raked over the coals a bit..as should the rest of the team and the coaching staff. I just think it's gone a bit far already with some people.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote