View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 10:10 AM   #346
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
So I was thinking about the Doncic to Kidd comparison on the way home last night. Feel free to shoot holes, but this is just where my line of thought led. I'm worried that Doncic will be a hall of fame player but will not possess the scoring ability that is needed for a team's #1 guy. Kidd was never a scorer and wasn't able to carry a team on his own. Championship teams need a go-to guy that will score when it's critical. Magic Johnson may be the last championship player that was know more for his passing than scoring, but at the end of the day, he was able still able to force his way to the bucket.

Is this wrong? Will Luka actually become a primary go-to guy when we need it? Will he be the #1 team guy while DSJ becomes the #1 score guy? Is this team still another superstar player away from being a true contender?
If Doncic comes in with no mental midgotry about the NBA, isn't star struck etc.. and his success lives and dies by just his ability alone, you have to think he has what it takes to be THIS teams 1a eventually. Barnes has proven fully capable of carrying more than his fair share of weight. DSJ is doing all the right things to realize his full potential. We should all be shocked if it's not a roller coaster for a while, maybe even for the first season for Luka. It took a while for Dirk to adjust and he was absolutely dominant going into the NBA. The game isn't as rough as it was for Dirks rookie year so that's a plus for him.

Without knowing the Doncic effect, this team is unquestionably another superstar or a couple of great players from being a true contender. There's such a small chance that Doncic is a superstar here right out of the box.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote