View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #136
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
The auto insurance analogy is such a flawed one. The only required auto insurance is liability insurance. That means if I hit you, my insurance coverage pays for your car to be fixed. I can choose whether to carry collision coverage, which covers damage to my own car. If I don't carry it, I have to pay cash to fix my car.

In a logically consistent analogy, health insurance is collision coverage, not liability coverage.
one of the primary goals of mandated health insurance is to lessen/remove the cost to others when an uninsured person requires treatment.

today if an uninsured person incapable of paying for treatment needs care the cost is distributed among other patients or onto property owners in taxes.

in this regard it is similar to liability insurance. it covers the cost to others caused by an individual's need for care.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote