View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 04:51 AM   #84
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:ESPNEWS reports CWEBB headed to Philly

I'm still in decision-making mode about this trade. I've no idea whether CWebb will be able to co-exist under Jim O'Brien (an effort guy) and with AI (a volume shooter that makes CWebb look tame in his shot selection). I'd like to see him thrive in Philly, but I'm terribly unfamiliar with the 76ers players other than AI. I do know that playing next to Dalembert will be good for CWebb...he's been ground bound on defense since the surgery, and b/w he and Miller, the Kings were just a layup line waiting to happen on defense.

As for the Kings, I think the motto had to be addition by subtraction, although the worst contract in that bunch (KThomas) is never going to go away, and KThomas probably won't bring too much to the table that the Kings didn't already get from Darius Songaila. Corliss should do well at backup SF/PF scoring on the scrub postmen in second units (if Adelman uses him there, which he wouldn't do the last time Corliss was on the team). Skinner can play back up C to Miller since Adelman won't use OTag. Without CWebb, they have plenty of offense, but they don't have a player that at one point was arguably a top ten player, now probably top 20. Peja will have to return to form from last year. It will be interesting to see if it was CWebb holding him back, or the loss of father-figure/older brother Vlade.

Kings vs. 76ers on Saturday in the first game for all of the traded players (presuming they pass their physicals). Should be interesting for me as a CWebb fan first.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote