View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Lawrence teacher reinstated

Last Update: 6/22 10:39 pm

Lawrence High School history teacher is reinstated. The superintendent of schools officially reinstated Latham as a teacher at Lawrence High School.

Tim latham says he feels vindicated, now that his teaching contract at Lawrence High School has been renewed for another year.

He says he is very thankful for the support he got along the way, but does not know what to expect when he returns in the fall.

Tim Latham, a history teacher a Lawrence High School, filed a grievance with USD 497 after he says school administrators did not follow proper evaluation procedures.
Superintendent of schools, Randy Weseman, reviewed the grievance, and decided to renew his contract for another year.

“It's pretty much like this never happened in some senses since procedures weren't followed correctly,” said Weseman.

Weseman found school administrators did not conduct at least two of the four required teacher evaluations.

“I would start asking why are we paying a school administrator this salary if she's not going to be doing her job,” said Latham.

Latham says he's happy to return to Lawrence High School, but he is weary about how he will be greeted in the fall.

“I don't know, you know, we're all professionals, I’m eager to be back the students wanted me back, which is why I’m back,” said Latham.

Chloe Mercer, one of Latham's former students, and a self proclaimed liberal, supported her conservative teacher's fight for his job to the end.

“I’m like yes this is awesome you know I feel great ever since I heard he'd gotten his job back,” said Mercer.”

“I finally got some phone calls today from other Lawrence High School staff, I was kinda worried because I hadn't heard anything, but I think they were waiting to see how everything turned out,” said Latham.

Now, Latham says he's requesting an administrator from Free State High School to conduct his teacher evaluations in the coming school year.

His new contract is for one year, and he hasn't decided if he will stay longer than that, just yet.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote