View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #49
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
They have the freedom to say what they want, which they are clearly exercising. The rest of us also have the freedom to point out the rank hypocrisy and idiocy of what's said. And when what's said is "We want dead cops," the rest of us have the freedom to condemn this as hateful rhetoric that incited violence and to demand accountability.

Irony: the same people supporting the 1st Amendment rights of the protesters are generally the ones wanting to silence any criticism of the protesters.

Calling for dead cops is evil and insane. And I think it's odd that when a white cop kills a black man, black people attack Asians and Hispanics. (See also 1992 LA Riots.) It almost seems racist...
Straw man much??

basically 99.994% of the population will agree that "We want dead cops" rhetoric is disgusting, and they hate it. This would include about 99.9% of teh people that support or even join in the Fergusun or Staten Island protests

For what its worth, i don't particularly support either group of protestors, and think they are poor example to use as the "poster children" for people that want to point out incidences of police misconduct ----- but i think it is downright moronic to tar those groups by pointing to the action of one psychopath that has clearly been inching towards this inglorious moment in the sun for years.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote