View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #99
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
wow - shocking stat and nice graphics but sad commentary of our process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It's too bad we have to endure a close race of the most unlikeable presidential candidates in maybe 100 years.

Yeah, it reminds me of when I lived in Austin about a decade or so ago and they mostly-banned smoking from nightclubs (you'd need a really expensive permit to allow it)... It was almost exclusively California transplants who wanted the bill passed, but most Austinites were against it... The bill ended up passing by just a few hundred votes -- only 4% of the population actually showed up to vote on it.

Democracy doesn't work for a lazy/apathetic population, and we're currently living in the laziest, most apathetic nation in the history of democracy (although I'm starting to wonder if that by design...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote