Thread: Game 19 - Bucks
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 01:52 AM   #37
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Mavs would be ok if they were hitting 3s. Defenses can sag down low because they aren?t afraid of the 3 pt threat right now. Wood and Luka need to pick and roll. If Luka and Dwight can do it, for sure Wood can. They need to sit THJ and try some other guys. THJ is just a negative right now. His misses are like turnovers and they are very demoralizing. Luka is very hesitant to pass to him. You can see the frustration in Luka when THJ misses. Not sure why Kidd is so stubborn with THJ and Bullock.
Was listening to Locked on Mavs and Nick Angstadt said it best

Yes everyone is craving for Wood and Luka to play together more. But that tandem as he pointed out has been absolutely terrible together defensively.

What they give you on offense gets voided on defense.

I'm by no means defending Kidd but his hands are tied this year because he knows this team can't compete in the playoffs if they can't play defense.

If they want to play Wood, Luka and Dinwiddie big minutes together they sure as hell better figure out something to put defense around them. I mean of that trio you have to hide 3 guys on the floor defensively and right now the Mavs just don't have the capable players.

Which is really shocking to me because I thought coming into the season with McGee, DFS and Bullock they would be more balanced. Green might be the guy who needs to start becoming the primary wing defender because I think at this point he's elevated himself above both DFS and Bullock
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote