View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 10:29 AM   #110
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

How does Kidd fix inherently bad defensive players and horrid free throw shooting? Any improvement in either of those facets last night and the Mavs win the damn game. And plenty of others this year for that matter.

Right now, this is the Mavs FO to own. McGee, Dragic, DSJ, etc. I think they need some young and hungry dudes to come in and remind vets how to play hard. Team full of dudes that only want to get their shots up. Hell, they are even lazy on the offensive side of the ball. Facade of movement between players and the ball, waiting for Luka to shoot, drive, or make the badass pass. All while Luka gets hailed as a ballhog, etc. when the casuals don't watch just how bad this cast has been around him this year.

When it comes to Kidd, I think too many quickly write off the job last year. I can already hear the belly aching that was +Brunson and -THJ but they still got to the WCF. You can't pick and choose when a coach puts players in good positions to succeed and they just fall flat on their faces. To me, it's been an individual collapse that has blossomed into team disruption. No one outside of maybe Dinwiddie and Green has even played at the same level from last year. Almost all have regressed in some aspect.

I'm pointing the fingers at the players and the players alone at this juncture in the season. They are flat out playing with no heart. And no, I don't believe they are this bad and I can still hold the opinion they need a shakeup. Someone might have hit the nail on the head when saying this squad has gotten too comfortable and think they have already made it. Someone or something needs to light a fire under their collective asses.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote