Thread: Fire Kidd
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 11:08 AM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I'm not with the fire Kidd movement. I think the FO needs to realize the utter stupidity of their offseason moves or lack thereof and make moves to fix it. I just don't know what that is at this moment.
FO can't do anything when the coach has devalued the entire roster.

Ok, so let's say Kidd is fired today, and I take over as head coach. What do I do?

First, I'm just going to play to the team's strength which right now is offense. It's still off, but it's not as bad as D. FT drills and three point drills 24/7. Mavs can't function on any level if those two things aren't fixed because the team is literally built that way.

Then we start our best lineup straight away with a wild card added. Green is a plus with basically every lineup he plays with. Luka/Green/Wood also is a plus. Then I'm gonna start Hardy to put fans in the seats since everyone is jumping ship. Again...offense focused BUT I'm still going to start my two best defenders.

Luka/Hardy/Green/DFS/Wood. Whatever is given up on D, which could be a lot, is more than made up for on offense. If Hardy is the real deal, then that is a flamethrower offense to boot. Most of all it will be fun to watch. All of those players are more or less fan favorites that fans want to see on the court. Hardy might cost you a few games early on, but it'll more than makeup for it in the second half of the season.

Now that lineup's achilles will likely be rebounding, but the entire team sucks in that regard. There is no lineup that has been used that is doing well in that department IMO.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote