View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 12:51 PM   #116
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
How does Kidd fix inherently bad defensive players and horrid free throw shooting? Any improvement in either of those facets last night and the Mavs win the damn game. And plenty of others this year for that matter.

Right now, this is the Mavs FO to own. McGee, Dragic, DSJ, etc. I think they need some young and hungry dudes to come in and remind vets how to play hard. Team full of dudes that only want to get their shots up. Hell, they are even lazy on the offensive side of the ball. Facade of movement between players and the ball, waiting for Luka to shoot, drive, or make the badass pass. All while Luka gets hailed as a ballhog, etc. when the casuals don't watch just how bad this cast has been around him this year.

When it comes to Kidd, I think too many quickly write off the job last year. I can already hear the belly aching that was +Brunson and -THJ but they still got to the WCF. You can't pick and choose when a coach puts players in good positions to succeed and they just fall flat on their faces. To me, it's been an individual collapse that has blossomed into team disruption. No one outside of maybe Dinwiddie and Green has even played at the same level from last year. Almost all have regressed in some aspect.

I'm pointing the fingers at the players and the players alone at this juncture in the season. They are flat out playing with no heart. And no, I don't believe they are this bad and I can still hold the opinion they need a shakeup. Someone might have hit the nail on the head when saying this squad has gotten too comfortable and think they have already made it. Someone or something needs to light a fire under their collective asses.
Thank you

I felt like I was alone on this

Can J.Kidd could do better sure he can. All coaches can do something better

But this FT issue has been bad way before Kidd showed up. The rebounding issues have been bad way before Kidd showed up and the defense was bad way before Kidd showed up.

He finally got the defense on track with smoke and mirrors last year. This year he can only do so much when you have a roster filled with terrible defenders who just want to get up their shots and prove they can score.

Playing Hardy doesn't fix the problem....

Playing Wood or THJ as a starter or reserve doesn't fix that problem ...

That's why I say Kidd ain't the problem they haven't given this man a legit roster to play any defense.

We still got fucking Dwight Powell after 5 years starting at Center. Powell has been on this roster way before Kidd showed up.

Nico and Cuban both stated this summer after the Golden St series the Mavs needed to get better at center. Those were their words and yet they didn't want to go after a legit starting center they wanted to patch it up cheaply with McGee.

Kidd isn't the guy responsible for this roster. He's not the guy who tried to low ball Brunson and wait til later to sign him after he already out played his contract. That shit falls on Cuban who is always trying to get bargain deals.

It's time Mavs fans voice their damn frustration at Cuban publicly he;s the guy making all the financial decisions. He's telling us every year if there's a deal out there that gets him closer to title, he'll pull the trigger but every year we got to hear how guys like Powell, Kleber and THJ are culture guys that are needed in the locker room.

I believe if Kidd had more say so Powell, THJ and Kleber all would have been gone by now.

Also think about this THJ flat out told the media he's better as a starter. Basically, the way I see his quote is dude wasn't given maximum effort if he's asked to come off the bench. His focus isn't the same thing, and neither is his desire.

I didn't like that interview one bit or his response to the question. How about saying I'm going to give my best effort for the team regardless of if I'm starting or coming off bench.

The way he answered it was like I only struggled because I was coming off the bench.

Dinwiddie handled coming off the bench perfect no ego or anything he just did his fucking job.

Last edited by Dallas41; 12-02-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote