Thread: Fire Kidd
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 10:52 AM   #32
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Again, Shai shot 14-23, so yeah, did a great job defensively against him...sigh.

Here is where the strange divide seems to occur with how people view this team. I do not focus so vigilantly on offense vs defense. I focus on PLAYING THE BETTER PLAYER. That just seems so simple to me. Talent>everything else.

What happens is that players who haven't earned their minutes will get to play almost indefinitely because they "supposedly" play defense. But it almost doesn't matter if they play it or not, it's just the perception that they do.

Defense didn't beat the Thunder as they shot 48% from the field. We hit our threes and made fts.
Yea, cause Frank was on him all game...again, if you didn't watch the game, that opinion might hold water.

It's not about earning minutes, it's about playing the best matchups NOW

I'm honestly at a loss for words for the lot of you who would have just thrown Hardy out there. Kidd apparently agrees that him getting trashed on defense is a net negative for his development.

But muh eXpErIeNcE

Hardy will play in due time and be a LOT better for it for not just being thrust into situations where he would not have a good time. Trust me, I've been clamoring for more playing time and experience for the kid, this was not one of those games.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote